In as diverse a market as the London mortgage scene, it is so important for brokers to be able to cater to a wide range of borrowers. At Oportfolio Mortgages, we collaborate with private banks such as Coutts to provide tailored solutions for high net worth individuals. With a minimum loan size of £1 million, Coutts caters to a distinct clientele, and we at Oportfolio are proud to extend our expertise in navigating the intricacies of Coutts mortgage offerings to our clients.
Coutts – High Net Worth Mortgage Solutions
Established in 1692 and one of the oldest banks in the world, Coutts offers mortgage loans for those seeking higher borrowing levels. While the bank may come with a slightly higher price tag compared to mainstream lenders, it compensates with unparalleled flexibility when it comes to mortgage application considerations. Whereas most high street banks and building societies are mostly firm on what they will and won’t accept, more specialist lenders and private banks like Coutts can be a very useful tool. With the help from a knowledgeable mortgage broker like Oportfolio.
Why Is Coutts Worthwhile?
This week, Jenna Chesterman business development manager at Coutts joined our team at the Oportfolio head office to share some key lending criteria and special exclusive criteria that Oportfolio has access to. One distinctive feature of Coutts is its consideration of assets over strictly earned income in the affordability assessment. Oportfolio’s experienced mortgage advisors can guide clients through strategies that leverage their asset-rich portfolios to secure favourable terms with Coutts, even if their earned income might not meet conventional requirements.
Exclusive Perks of Coutts Through Oportfolio Mortgages
- International Reach: Coutts caters to both UK and international clients, with a minimum loan size of £1 million for UK domiciled and expatriate clients and £3 million for international non-UK domiciled clients. Oportfolio Mortgages ensures equal access to Loan-to-Value (LTV) ratios and products for all clients, regardless of their international status.
- Expert Private Bankers: Clients benefit from the expertise of private bankers at Coutts, possessing in-depth knowledge of various countries, jurisdictions, laws, financial regulations, languages, logistics, and cultures. This international focus distinguishes Coutts as an appealing choice for clients with global financial footprints.
- High Net Worth Considerations: Coutts excels in catering to high net worth individuals by accepting a range of foreign currencies, monetizing UK and offshore assets for affordability, and applying relevant haircuts where necessary.
- Innovative Products: Coutts offers exclusive mortgage products, including ERC-free trackers, Mortgage Reserve Accounts (MRA) akin to overdraft facilities, and offset facilities allowing clients to offset up to 10 accounts in various currencies (GBP, EUR, USD).
- Other Features:
- RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units): Coutts uniquely considers compensation statements and awarded bonuses without requiring divestment, setting it apart from most lenders.
- Stress Testing: Currently stress testing Buy-to-Let mortgages at 9%
- Interest-Only (I/O): Allows up to 75% LTV up to the age of 75.
- Residential (Resi): Offers up to 90% LTV.
- Buy-to-Let (BTL): Up to 75% LTV, including new builds.
Speak To a Mortgage Advisor About Private Bank Mortgages
In a mortgage market often constrained by stringent criteria, our association with Coutts and other private banks allows our brokers at Oportfolio to provide unparalleled opportunities for clients seeking high-value financing. As a London based mortgage broker, this is very commonplace and the Coutts/Oportfolio collaboration opens doors to a diverse array of mortgage products, allowing our brokers to cater to a broad spectrum of client needs with precision and expertise. If you are interested in a private bank mortgage, then please feel free to give our team a call or send us an email today. We are here to help.